Saturday, December 21, 2013

Felt Yoda

Sometimes I receive requests about felt toys that must look like a famous character of a movie or cartoon. Recently I received one like that and I had to find solution about how to make Yoda out of pressed felt. 
I'm now uploading the template that I made and picture of the toy that I made.
Felt Yoda template

In order to make Yoda form felt you will have to follow few simple steps:

1. Cut out the shapes that you can see on the Felt Yoda template (the body by default is green and the clothes are brown, but you can choose other colors of course)
2. The lines of the face you can make by embroidering them with a bit darker green yarn
3. Cut out and stitch the eyes.
4. Stitch the front and the back part to one another using the simple blanket stitch (you can see how to do it here: http://feltideas.blogspot.com/p/felt-boxes.html)
5. Stitch the clothes using the same stitching method 
6. Add any other accessories that you like
Yoda, felt soft toy
Felt Yoda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment